Friday, September 18, 2009

25 Things About Jesus

1 Jesus offers a way out of our own pointless efforts to permanent freedom
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matthew 11:29)

2 Jesus is our only Way to heaven
“Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
(John 14:6)

3 Jesus is the Basis for our identity and acceptance
“So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, "The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” (1 Peter 2:7)

4 Jesus is the Ultimate King with infinite honor
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.”
(Matthew 25:31)

5 Jesus is the Authority over everything
“And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.” (Ephesians 1:22-23)

6 Jesus is more real than anything
“These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.”
(Colossians 2:17)

7 Jesus made it possible for us to have direct access to God
“For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,” (Ephesians 2:14)

8 Jesus satisfied God’s anger toward sin in Christians
“God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.”
(Romans 3:25-26)

9 Jesus is our Guide and Protector
“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—“
(John 10:14)

10 Jesus was, is, and will always be God
“I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:58)

11 Jesus stands before God in our place
“My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.”
(1 John 2:1)

12 Jesus is worthy of all celebration
“In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”
(Revelation 5:12)

13 Jesus perfectly obeyed God’s will
“For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,” (1 Peter 3:18)

14 Jesus provides contentment that an empty world cannot
“Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.” (John 6:35)

15 Jesus will never change
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
(Hebrews 13:8)

16 Jesus is greater than anything we can gain in this life
“What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ” (Philippians 3:8)

17 Jesus will strike down those who aren’t His own
“Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.”
(Revelation 19:15)

18 Jesus has the power to save us from death
“For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.” (John 5:21)

19 Jesus will judge all people
Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. (Romans 8:34)

20 Jesus shines through His people
“Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.” (Romans 13:14)

21 Jesus’ resurrection produces hope
“If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection.” (Romans 6:5)

22 Jesus loves us
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.” (John 15:9)

23 Jesus is our delight
“But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.” (2 Corinthians 4:7)

24 Jesus releases us from sin's power
“To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” (John 8:31, 32, 36)

25 Jesus is the certainty of salvation
“And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these th
ings to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.” (1 John 5:11-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment