Monday, September 28, 2009

Jealousy, The Problem

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart"
--Psalm 37:4

I want the desires of my heart to be fulfilled. Sometimes, I think the desires of my heart are 2010 Ford Mustang convertible or a MacBook Pro or an IPhone 3G S. These are not the desires of my heart, these are objects (read: toys) that I could get in an attempt to meet the desires of my heart.

I have a desire to have people's attention on me. I want people to look at me, to notice me, to like me.

I have a desire to have things. I like having things and I like the security that comes from having things.

I have a desire for happiness. I don't like being unhappy. I like being happy--all the time.

I have a desire for good experiences. I don't like being sick. I don't like missing out on fun things when they happen. I like to say, "I've done that," "I've been there," and "I know that."

I have a desire for better abilities. I wish I has better skills. I was reminded recently that I wish I had some kind, any kind of musical skills.

What can I do?

1. Be Jealous. Wish I had all those desires met. Be envious of those who appear to have every desire met. Be bitter toward them. Covet what they have. Be frustrated (at myself, or other people, or even God) for not having my desires met.

2. Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment