Thursday, January 28, 2010

2009 in Review: March-April


March 2009--March was a good month for me spiritually. Because of some big projects in the month, I needed much time in prayer. I spoke at two men's retreats and preached my first sermon at RBC. These were weighty commitments and I felt very weak going into them. God was faithful and gave me grace to carry out these tasks. In one of the messages, I really struggled, but even this showed me my dependance on God.

April 2009--In April, we started a youth group study on Holiness and Purity. The guys and girls broke off separately--I taught the guys and Amy taught the girls. There was much fruit from this study: guys repenting of sin and girls making life changes to conform to God's Word. The study was personally valuable in teaching me about purity, what it takes to be husband/father, and how we can practically please God in a sex-soaked culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment