Name: Amy DeBurgh
Nickname: Amy DeBlog, Dummie
Time in Youth Ministry: 18 months
Gifts: Discipleship, Wisdom, Joy, Exhortation, Making Slideshows, Making Christmas Party Signs
Evidences of Grace: Amy has recently left the youth ministry to serve more with this guy she likes in the church who preaches every Sunday. I know that God will bless her in her new ministry. How do I know? Because He greatly blessed us while she served in youth ministry.
Five quick evidences of God's grace in Amy:
1. Discipleship--From Day 1, she consistently challenged the girls to a deeper walk with God. She didn't beat girls over the head with her Bible (that I know of), but she loved the girls--showing them that God is greater, bigger, and more wonderful than they had thought before.
2. Investment--She jumped right into the ministry and became a valuable leader. Serving isn't something she does half-heartedly or as an afterthought to her "life." Caring for girls souls quickly became her life.
3. Example--She is a fantastic model of what it means to be a godly wife, a godly mother, and a godly woman. Her character is above reproach and her holy conduct is a perfect example for the young women to follow.
4. Joy--Amy is always joyful, because she recognizes where her joy comes from--her sins being forgiven and her name being written in the Lamb's book of life. Her joy is contagious and she excites others to follow God with joy.
5. Grace and Truth--John says that Jesus is full of grace and truth. Amy is too. She comes strong with God's Word, repentance of sin, and the need to be a disciple of Jesus. But, every step of the way, she encourages with grace. She loves people and oozes grace to them in every conversation. Because she also has received grace.
I'm blessed to be a friend of Amy and to have served with her. She came to girls who were freezing and she left them burning up. Thanks for serving, you will be missed.