Thursday, January 28, 2010

2009 in Review: May-June


May 2009--In May, we welcomed the new 8th graders up to high school and began to say good-bye to the senior class. This senior class was a special one. I came to RBC in May of 2006, when these young adults were just freshmen. Even more special is the commitment of many of them to walk with God and follow Him. They have encouraged me to love Jesus more and I miss have their leadership in the youth group. God has great things in store for the current freshman class and I'm excited about what I will (Lord-willing) get to see God do in their lives in the next 3.5 years.

June 2009--One of the blessings of the summer (I'll file it under "June") was the different sports I got to regularly play over the summer. Monday night was softball with the youth group. To hang out and have fun with these guys was special and it was cool to have many of the girls come and cheer us on. Tuesday night was golf night. Every week, Mike Brusko and I would play different guys from church. Mike is a good friend and I appreciated the fellowship and godly conversations that we had. Thursday night was another night of softball--this time with the adult men of the church. Many of them have vibrant, exciting walks with God and we would pray before and after each game. Our chance to be salt-n-light in the community was one of the highlights of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment